Interesting News About the News Industry
Since both PR and advertising are rather key elements to marketing a ski resort, I would highly recommend that anyone interested in ski resort marketing take a good look at the new report from the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism titled, “The State of the News Media 2011“. Some highlights include:
- Newspaper newsrooms are 30% smaller than in 2000
- In the digital realm the news industry is no longer in control of its own future
- In 2010 every news platform saw audiences either stall or decline — except for the web (see chart below)
- Nearly half of all Americans (47%) now get some form of local news on a mobile device
- Online ad revenue in 2010 is projected to surpass print newspaper ad revenue for the first time
I highly recommend the report for some great insights in terms of where journalism, but also online advertising and public relations are going.